College of Business and Economics
- Director: Deborah Cours, Ph.D.
- Assistant Director: Wendy Rivera
- Juniper Hall (JH) 3109
- (818) 677-2467
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (GCBA)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a professional evening program for students desiring an advanced degree in general business management. The mission of the MBA program is to prepare students for professional growth by integrating current business theory and practices with their own career experiences. Designed to be accessible to the fully employed student, the interdisciplinary program emphasizes analytical thinking, clear communication, effective teamwork, a global perspective and ethical practices. A spirit of collegiality among the students, faculty and business community is fostered through social and professional activities.
The average course load for MBA students is 6 units per semester (2 nights per week). With few exceptions, graduate courses are offered from 7-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday evenings along with occasional Saturdays in selected courses.
For admission applicants must:
- 1. Meet the requirements of the University as listed in the Catalog;
- 2. File formal application for admission and forward official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate university work no later than May 1 if applying for the Fall semester and October 1 if applying for the Spring semester. (See Catalog for University requirements for applications);
- 3. Take the Graduate Management Admission Test by the application deadline and submit an original score report to the College of Business Graduate Office. Scores are normally valid for 5 years;
- 4. International students who do not have a bachelor’s degree from a University within the U.S. must submit scores from an accepted English Language Exam. The University accepts the TOEFL (minimum score of 213 computer based), IELTS (minimum score of 6.0), or Pearson’s Test of English (minimum score of 58);
- 5. Complete the MBA Supplemental Application at www.csun.edu/mba by the application deadline;
- 6. Provide a current resume with minimum professional post-baccalaureate work experience of at least one year
Admission to the CSUN MBA program is competitive. A typical sucessful applicant has a GMAT score of 600, an undergraduate GPA of 3.2 and 5 years of work experience.
MBA Classification Status
- To be admitted as Classified students, applicants must have:
- 1. Satisfied the minimum MBA admission standards;
- 2. Completed the MBA Foundation couses (15 units) or their approved equivalents;
- 3. Earned a 3.0 or higher GPA in the undergraduate degree or scored at or above the 50th percentile on the Verbal or Quantitative section of the GMAT or completed the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration program with a grade of B or better in each course; and
- 4. Satisfied the CSU Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement by having passed the Upper Division Writing Proficiency Exam or receiving a score of 4.0 or higher on the Analytical Writing Assessment of the GMAT exam.
Students who are admitted to the MBA program but who require any of the MBA Foundation Courses and/or who do not satisfy the University requirements for Classification and/or who have deficiencies in program admission requirements (GPA, GMAT and/or work experience) will be admitted as Conditionally Classified Students. Students will be notified of the requirements for Classified Status in their letter of admission to the MBA program.
Students admitted as Conditionally Classified students must satisfy these requirements before completing more than 12 units of 600-level coursework in the MBA program. To meet the minimum requirements for Classified Status, MBA students must have a 3.0 or higher GPA for all work attempted since admission to the program.