Transfer Work for Graduate Programs Policy

Credit for work performed in extension or at another regionally accredited institution is subject to the following limitations:

  1. 1. Transfer of work is subject to the approval of the Graduate Coordinator of the major Department and the Associate Vice President of Graduate Studies. An unofficial transcript must be submitted with either the formal program or course substitution to the Office of Graduate Studies for approval of the specific course work.
  2. 2. Only graduate course work with a grade “B” or better may be transferred (CR/NC grading is not transferable).
  3. 3. No more than 9 units in combination of transfer work, extension work or work completed prior to earning a Baccalaureate/Master’s Degree can be used toward a or another Degree.
  4. 4. Both transfer and CSUN course work may not exceed the 7-year time limit.
  5. 5. Transfer courses and undergraduate CSUN course(s) petitioned to count for Post-Graduate course work may not be validated once the course exceeds the 7-year time limit.
  6. 6. If the course(s) petitioned have been taken at an institution where the Degree has been granted, the student must provide a memo from the institution indicating the course(s) was not used for Degree completion.