Withdrawals (Graduate Policy)

Complete/Partial Medical Withdrawals

A medical withdrawal usually constitutes complete withdrawal from the university for the academic period in question. Requests for complete medical withdrawals should be submitted as soon as possible after the medical condition impairs the students’ ability to complete the coursework for which the student is registered. Requests may also be submitted by an authorized representative of the student.

Requests for conditions or circumstances that arise during the final three weeks of instruction or thereafter, will only be considered in cases of severe illness or injury. Petitions requesting retroactive withdrawals beyond one year after the conclusion of the semester for which the withdrawal is requested will not be considered.

Students may obtain forms and procedural information at www.csun.edu/anr/soc/adjsched.html.