Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication
- Chair: Garry Lennon
- Nordhoff Hall (NH) 110
- (818) 677-3086
Requirements for the Master of Arts Degree in Theatre
Required for Admission to Classified Graduate Status in the Program:
1. Baccalaureate Degree and a minimum of 24 units of Upper Division Theatre courses, normally distributed as follows:
a. Acting (3 units);
b. Directing (3 units);
c. Theatre Design/Technology (6 units); an d
d. Theatre History/Literature/Criticism (12 units).
2. University requirements for Classified Graduate Status.
3. Successful completion of Departmental qualifying procedures.
Note: Students should consult with the Department concerning GRE requirement.
Required for the M.A. Degree
1. Required Courses (30 units)
A. Minimum of 30 units of approved courses, distributed as follows:
2. Choose 2 courses from the following (6 units):
3. Choose 2 courses from the following (6 units):
4. Choose 12 units from the following:
600-level courses not selected for credit under sections 2 and 3 above (3, 3).
Approved 400- and 500-level courses not taken for undergraduate credit or for admission to Classified Graduate status (3, 3, 3, 3).
With the prior written approval of the student’s permanent graduate advisor, up to 6 units of courses in section 4 may be taken in related fields.
B. Students planning to continue Graduate Study in Theatre in a Doctoral Program are advised to also attain proficiency in a foreign language or competency in statistics.