Program: Minor in Art
The Standard Art minor complements many majors, including Cinema and Television Arts (Multimedia Production), Family and Consumer Sciences (Apparel Design and Merchandising, Interior Design), and Chicana and Chicano Studies. It provides a foundation in art history and two- and three-dimensional art and encourages exploration in a variety of media, including animation, ceramics, drawing, painting, printmaking and sculpture.
1. Lower Division Requirements (12 units)
2. Upper Division Requirements (12 units)
ART 305 Art and Mass Culture (3)
or upper division art history course with consent of advisor (3)
Complete an additional 9 units of Art electives with the consent of an advisor.
Total Units in the Minor: 24
Department of Art
Chair: Samantha Fields
Art and Design Center (ADC) 120
Student Learning Outcomes
- Acquire competent knowledge and skills in various art media, concepts and methodologies.
- Produce a competent body of individual and collaborative work suitable for a liberal arts degree, for the local, national and global marketplace.
- Solve visual problems at a competent level, including understanding/application of the elements of art and principles of design.
- Utilize and apply critical-thinking skills to communicate ideas for their intended audience at a competent level in visual, oral and written formats.
- Acquire historical and contemporary knowledge of diverse cultural and aesthetic contexts, including political, visual and material culture.