Program: Program Evaluation in Education and Education Related Settings Certificate
The Program Evaluation in Education and Education Related Settings Certificate is designed for individuals interested in acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for evaluating a variety of programs. The certificate program is open to private and public administrators, teachers, trainers, instructors, curriculum experts, counselors, psychologists and instructional designers, as well as those preparing for doctoral programs. Candidates should have a master’s degree or be concurrently enrolled in an Educational Psychology and Counseling master’s program. The certificate program is practice-based and focuses on academic, community and business (on-the-job training) program assessment and evaluation.
A. Application Requirements
To successfully be admitted to the Program Evaluation in Education and Education Related Settings Certificate, applicants must provide verification that they have satisfied all of the following:
- Completed a master’s degree from an accredited university/college or be concurrently enrolled in an Educational Psychology and Counseling master’s degree program.
- Have been in good standing at the last institution attended.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA in the last 60 semester/90 quarter units attempted, independent of when a degree was granted.
- Completed EPC 600 Educational Statistics for Research and Measurement or an accepted equivalent with a “B” or better within the past 7 years.
B. Program Requirements
To successfully complete the program and earn the graduate-level credit certificate, participants must:
- Complete all required six courses.
- Students must earn a grade of “B” or higher in all courses in order to proceed in the program.
- Complete a final exam, report or project for each course.
- Complete the program in a maximum of 2 years.
C. Required Courses
EPC 602 Research Principles (3)
EPC 613 Assessment and Evaluation of Learning (3)
EPC 614/L Advanced Educational Statistics (3/1)
EPC 684 Educational Program Evaluation and Assessment (3)
EPC 695DC Seminar in Selected Studies: Applied Qualitative Methods (3)
EPC 695DC Seminar in Selected Studies: Current Issues in Program Evaluation (3)
Total Units for the Certificate: 19
Department of Educational Psychology and Counseling
Chair: Alberto Restori
Education (ED) 1218