Program: B.A., Psychology
Notice: The Honors in Psychology program has been suspended as of Fall 2019.
The purpose of the Honors in Psychology program is to recognize and support the development of exceptional Psychology students. The Honors program allows students the opportunity to engage in advanced-level coursework to better prepare for graduate coursework and/or careers in the field of Psychology. Interested students should consult the Department of Psychology website for details and an application.
Admission to the Honors in Psychology program: granted by approval of the Department of Psychology Honors Committee.
To be eligible to apply for the Honors in Psychology program, a student must:
- Be a declared Psychology major.
- Have completed or be currently enrolled in PSY 320/L.
- Have a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA at CSUN.
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA across all upper division Psychology courses taken at CSUN (first-semester transfer students should report grades from their prior university/college).
B. Program Requirements
If admitted, students in the Honors in Psychology program must:
- Complete honors sections of the following courses with a “B+” or better:
- PSY 321H/L Research Methods in Psychology and Lab (3/1)
- One of the Psychology capstone courses (see list of capstone courses under “Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Degree”) (3/2)
- Successfully complete PSY 492H Honors Professional Development (1).
- Successfully complete PSY 487H Honors Psychology Proseminar (1).
- Present a project at the Department of Psychology’s Honors Forum. The project must be conducted under the supervision of a faculty member in Psychology and may be an empirical research project, a literature review project or a community project.
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 GPA across all of their upper division Psychology coursework.
If an honors student fails to meet or maintain any of the requirements of the program, the student will be immediately dropped from the program.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive an honors designation on their diploma and transcript.
For more information about this program, please contact email@example.com.
Department of Psychology
Chair: Jill Razani
Sierra Hall (SH) 376
Program Learning Outcomes
Students receiving Honors in Psychology will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the various career fields and graduate degrees related to Psychology.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently on academic projects.
- Demonstrate effective and appropriate oral communication skills in professional settings.