The Educational Opportunity Programs (EOP) at California State University, Northridge, is a learning centered and student-centered program. EOP designs, administers and supports programs to deliver access and retention services to CSUN students. Established by legislative mandate in 1969, EOP provides services to historically low-income, educationally disadvantaged, first-generation college students; a population that not only reflects the diversity of CSUN’s feeder communities, but also the diversity of the University itself.
For those who qualify, EOP provides:
- Assistance in completing CSU Mentor and EOP applications for prospective applicants
- Transitional Experience (for first time freshmen and first time transfer students)
- Holistic Academic Support Services
- Student Advocacy
- Student Engagement
- Financial Support: EOP Grant (if eligible)
Furthermore, academic support services are provided to all students through the Student Services Center/EOP Satellite office located in each academic college and for undecided students in the Advising Resource Center/EOP.
Additional Educational Opportunity Programs:
- The Faculty Mentor Program provides mentoring services, training, and resources for faculty, staff, and students.
- EOP Resilient Scholars Program is designed to provide access and support to former foster youth.
- EOP Transitional Programs help students bridge the gap between high school, community college and CSUN.
- EOP/Trio Student Support Services Program (SSSP) is dedicated to building a community of support and offers CSUN students the opportunity to participate in program services designed to develop the necessary skills to reach their academic and professional goals.
For more information, please contact the EOP office at (818) 677-4151 or visit www.csun.edu/eop.