The Testing Center provides a variety of programs to assist CSUN students and the community.
The mission of the Testing Center is to advance the academic mission of California State University, Northridge, by facilitating an individual’s educational and professional goals, while providing a considerate and secure atmosphere for testing. The Testing Center provides high-quality testing services to meet the growing needs of CSUN students, faculty, administration and community. The Testing Center is part of the Student Outreach and Recruitment office, located in the Division of Student Affairs.
Within this framework, the Testing Center:
- Adheres to the regulations and guidelines established by test companies and faculty and follows the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
- Maintains the highest compliance with institutional, state and federal regulations regarding the confidentiality of test candidate information and records.
- Focuses on maintaining exemplary standards of academic integrity, while vigilantly safeguarding the intellectual property of tests.
- Provides a facility conducive to a quality testing environment, which is comfortable, quiet, aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly.
- Offers collaborative and courteous customer service to students, faculty, staff and the community.
CSUN’s Testing Center is a certified testing center of the National College Testing Association (NCTA) since May 2014. The Testing Center is a member of the NCTA Proctoring Network (NPN) supporting distance learning.
The Testing Center offers admission, certification and licensure exams, college placement exams and proctoring services.