Credit for Work Completed Prior to Earning the Baccalaureate Degree

A maximum of 9 units of credit earned at the 500-level during a student’s final undergraduate semester at CSUN may be applied toward a master’s degree, subject to departmental approval. Requests for such credit are filed following admission to a CSUN master’s program on a Graduate Petition form. Courses are subject to the following University requirements:

  1. They may not be used to satisfy the requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
  2. Only coursework with grades of “B” or better will be considered for petitioning.
  3. Courses petitioned may not have been taken more than 7 years prior to the time of graduation with the master’s degree.
  4. A petition is subject to approval by both the department and the Associate Vice President for Graduate Studies.