Registration Unit Limits (Academic Load Regulations)
The University may impose limits on the number of units for which a student can register during each registration period. Students wishing to exceed the maximum unit load after the Registration-by-Appointment period must complete and file an Extra Unit Authorization form with Admissions and Records. There also are restrictions for students based on their academic status. Unit limits are subject to change.
- Undergraduate students in good standing may enroll in a maximum of 17 units during the fall or spring semester.
- Graduating seniors may enroll in a maximum of 19 units during the fall or spring semester.
- Undergraduate students on academic probation or readmitted under an Academic Performance Agreement are limited to a maximum of 13 units.
- Graduate and credential students may enroll in up to 16 units during the fall or spring semester.
- Graduate and credential students on academic probation are limited to a maximum of 13 units.
- All students may enroll in a maximum of 13 units across all sessions during the summer term.