The Transfer Degree Road Map on this page presumes the completion of lower division General Education, Title 5 (United States History and Government), and lower division core requirements for this major. See General Education Rules
for more information. Lower division major requirements can be found by looking at the four-year Degree Road Map
for this major. Refer to Assist
for transfer information and articulation of courses taken at California Community Colleges. Verified STAR Act students should use the STAR Act Degree Road Map
for their major.
Once transfer coursework is evaluated, applicants and admitted students can use the Degree Progress Report and Planner to learn which requirements need to be completed.
To meet residency requirements, students must complete a minimum of 30 units at CSUN: 24 units must be upper division, 12 units in the major and 9 units in General Education.
Transfer Year 1: 1st Semester
|People and Places. One course from: ANTH 306, ANTH 307, ANTH 338, ANTH 345, ANTH 351, ANTH 352, ANTH 353, ANTH 356
|Cultural Anthropology Breadth Elective. One course from: ANTH 310, ANTH 326, ANTH 424, ANTH 430, ANTH 451, ANTH 462
|GE Upper Division*
|Anthropology Upper Division Elective**
Transfer Year 1: 2nd Semester
Transfer Year 2: 1st Semester
Transfer Year 2: 2nd Semester
*If needed, select UDGE courses that also satisfy: (1) IC: Information Competence, (2) GE Comparative Cultural Studies, and/or (3) Title 5 requirements in American History and/or US/State/Local Government.
**In consultation with the undergraduate advisor for the Anthropology department, choose four additional 3-unit upper division courses in Anthropology (12 units). See “Exceptions and Restrictions” below for important information about selection of electives.
Exceptions and Restrictions
- ANTH 360 does not count as credit for the Anthropology major.
- No more than one of the four additional elective courses may be from the following General Education courses: ANTH 212, ANTH 222, ANTH 232, ANTH 262, ANTH 305, ANTH 308, ANTH 315.
- Students can double count one of the following courses as an Anthropology additional elective and as a Social Science GE course: ANTH 212, ANTH 302, ANTH 305, ANTH 319, ANTH 341.
- ANTH 341 cannot count as both a biological anthropology breath requirement and a GE Social Science course.
- ANTH 302 cannot count as both an applied anthropology breath requirement and a GE Social Science course.
- Any one section of ANTH 494AA-ZZ will count as one elective course.