This is an archive of the 2018-2019 University Catalog.
To access the most recent version, Please visit


B.A., Communicative Disorders

The Communicative Disorders major involves studies in the disciplines of speech and hearing sciences, audiology and speech-language pathology. The undergraduate program offers an emphasis in either Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology, and the graduate program offers an emphasis in Speech-Language Pathology.

M.S., Communicative Disorders

The master’s degree is the professional entry-level requirement for employment as a speech-language pathologist. Completion of the baccalaureate and master’s degree programs in Speech-Language Pathology enables students to satisfy the academic requirements for: License in all states to practice in medical, rehabilitative or private practice settings. Education credentials in all states for employment in public …

Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential

The Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential (Language, Speech and Hearing Services and Audiology) is designed for persons who want certification to serve exceptional individuals as language, speech and hearing specialists, and/or as audiologists.

Preparation for Advanced Studies in Speech-Language Pathology Certificate

CSUN’s Certificate of Preparation for Advanced Studies in Speech-Language Pathology (Certificate of Pre-SLP) is designed for college graduates who (a) desire careers in the rapidly growing field of speech-language pathology but did not major in Communication Disorders and Sciences or Speech-Language Pathology as undergraduates, and (b) do not have the minimum prerequisite coursework necessary for admission …