About the Program
The Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies (MEIS) Program at CSUN is an interdisciplinary minor that offers courses in the languages, histories, religions, cultures, sociology and politics of Middle Eastern peoples.
The Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies Program helps students select the program and courses that best satisfy their individual needs and interests. Contact Director Nayereh Tohidi at (818) 677-7218 to schedule an appointment. The College of Humanities (COH) Student Services Center/EOP reviews students’ progress to ensure that the requirements of a minor in Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies are fulfilled. Call (818) 677-4784 or (818) 677-4767 to schedule an appointment with the COH Student Services Center/EOP.
Scholars, diplomats, interpreters, translators, businesspersons, journalists, negotiators, personnel in foreign offices, teachers and more.
- Ahmed Bouguarche (Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures)
- Owen P. Doonan (Art)
- Rachel T. Howes (History)
- Sabina Magliocco (Anthropology)
- Jody E. Myers (Religious Studies and Jewish Studies)
- Mustafa Ruzgar (Religious Studies)
- Suzanne Scheld (Anthropology)
- Khanum Shaikh (Gender and Women’s Studies)
- Nayereh Tohidi (Gender and Women’s Studies)
- Melissa Wall (Journalism)
Director: Nayereh Tohidi
Staff: Katherine Draper, Reyna Campos Kennedy
Jerome Richfield (JR) 340