This is an archive of the 2018-2019 University Catalog.
To access the most recent version, Please visit

Schedule Adjustments (Undergraduate)

Students are permitted to change their initial enrollment by following the University’s Adjustment of Schedule procedure. Ordinarily, during the first three weeks of a semester a student may add, drop or change the basis of grading online through myNorthridge Portal and the self-service registration system, using permission numbers, or later by filing a Late Change in Academic Schedule for Undergraduate Students form. For additional details concerning required approvals and forms, as well as deadlines, consult Late Schedule Changes or contact Admissions and Records.


The last day to add a class is the end of the third week of instruction. Beginning Fall 2013 through the first week of instruction, students may continue to add classes and wait list for closed classes without permission (restricted classes always require permission). During the second and third weeks of instruction, students may add classes online with the approval of the course instructor using a permission number.


Students are responsible for attending all courses in which they are registered. During the first three weeks of instruction, students may drop courses online without academic penalty and without the course instructor’s approval. Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal and will result in a failing grade.

Changing the Basis of Grading

Changing the basis of grading from regular letter grading to Credit/No Credit or conversely may be accomplished through myNorthridge Portal and the self-service registration system only during the first three weeks of instruction.

Late Requests for Change in Academic Schedule

To add or drop classes after the third week of instruction, students must complete the 4th Week Change of Schedule Request. After the fourth week of instruction, students must complete a Late Change in Academic Schedule for Undergraduate Students form to make any changes to their course enrollment. Students can obtain forms and procedural information at the Office of Admissions and Records and online at Late Schedule Changes.

All late requests for Changes in Academic Schedule must be filed during the semester in which classes are taken. Late changes in academic schedule that have been previously denied will not be reconsidered as retroactive requests after the semester has ended.