Queer Studies at CSUN provides an academic home for those who wish to study the intellectual, cultural and material conditions that have shaped our current understandings of sexuality and gender variation as well as for those who wish to generate new, resistant theories and practices. The program offers an undergraduate minor, sponsors courses, organizes lecture series and brings together interested students, faculty and larger Los Angeles communities.
The Queer Studies Program helps students select the program and courses that best satisfy their individual needs and interests. Contact Director Sheena Malhotra at (818) 677-7217 to schedule an appointment.
The College of Humanities (COH) Student Services Center/EOP reviews students’ progress to ensure that the requirements of a minor in Queer Studies are fulfilled. Call (818) 677-4784 or (818) 677-4767 to schedule an appointment with the COH Student Services Center/EOP.
- Xochitl Alvizo (Religious Studies)
- Bobbie Emetu (Health Sciences)
- Liliana Gonzalez (Gender and Women’s Studies)
- Leilani Hall (English)
- Sid Hansen (Philosophy)
- Ellen Jarosz (University Library)
- Gregory Knotts (Elementary Education)
- Sheena Malhotra (Gender and Women’s Studies)—Chair
- Gina Masequesmay (Asian American Studies)
- Karen Morgaine (Sociology)
- Martin Pousson (English)
- Pavithra Prasad (Communication Studies)
- Stevie Ruiz (Chicana/o Studies)
- Colleen Tripp (English)
- Whitney Workman (Pride Center)
Queer Studies Program
Director: Sheena Malhotra
Jerome Richfield Hall (JR) 340C