The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs is responsible for the overall quality of student life at CSUN. The Vice President and his staff provide coordination and direction to the Division of Student Affairs and work closely with other components of the University to ensure that programs, services, policies and procedures foster the development of students and the achievement of their academic and career goals.
Matters related to student conduct and academic integrity and Academic Grievances and Grade Appeals also fall within the purview of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Departments within the Division of Student Affairs include:
- Career Center
- Disability Resources and Educational Services
- Enrollment Services
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Department
- International and Exchange Student Center
- National Center on Deafness
- Student Development and Transitional Programs
- Student Health Center
- Student Housing and Residential Life
- Student Life and Leadership (Matador Involvement Center)
- Student Outreach and Recruitment
- University Counseling Services
The Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs also provides administrative oversight to the University Student Union, the Student Recreation Center and the Associated Students. All students, particularly those unaware of which University office or resource would best be able to aid them with their problems or concerns, are welcome to visit the office for appropriate referral and advisement.
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students: William Watkins
Valera Hall (VH) 310