This Transfer Degree Road Map applies to the following catalog year(s):

The Transfer Degree Road Map on this page presumes the completion of lower division General Education, the United States History and Government requirements, and lower division core requirements for this major. See General Education Rules for more information. Lower division major requirements can be found by looking at the 4-Year Degree Road Map for this major. Refer to ASSIST for transfer information and articulation of courses taken at California Community Colleges. Verified Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) STAR Act students should use the ADT/STAR Act Degree Road Map for their major.

Once transfer coursework is evaluated, applicants and admitted students can use the Degree Progress Report/Planner to learn which requirements need to be completed.

To meet residency requirements, students must complete a minimum of 30 units at CSUN: 24 units must be upper division, 12 units in the major, and 9 units in General Education.

Transfer Year 1: 1st Semester

Course Units
BUS 302* and BUS 302L 3/1
FIN 303 (meets GE B5 Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) 3
BLAW 308 3
MGT 360 3
Elective 2
Total 15

Transfer Year 1: 2nd Semester

Course Units
BLAW 368 3
SOM 306 3
MKT 304 3
GE Upper Division from Section C or Section F 3
Business Law Electives** 3
Total 15

Transfer Year 2: 1st Semester

Course Units
BLAW 453 3
Business Law Electives** 6
GE Upper Division from Section D or Section F 3
Elective 3
Total 15

Transfer Year 2: 2nd Semester

Course Units
BUS 497A or BUS 497B 3
Business Law Electives** 6
Elective 6
Total 15

One course for the degree must have an Ethnic Studies/ES designation.

*Students completing this requirement in Fall 2024 or later should enroll in BUS 312.

**Business Law Electives (15 units): BLAW 370, BLAW 372, BLAW 374, BLAW 391, BLAW 409, BLAW 428, BLAW 430, BLAW 450, BLAW 451, BLAW 480, BLAW 481, BLAW 485, BLAW 495, BLAW 496A-Z, BLAW 498A-C, BLAW 499. ECON 365 or ECON 411 may be taken for 3 of the units. Students are encouraged to take an experiential-learning (service-learning or internship) course. One service-learning course or internship course in the college or University (from outside the department) may be taken for 3 of the units in the option with approval of the department chair.