This Transfer Degree Road Map applies to the following catalog year(s):

The Transfer Degree Road Map on this page presumes the completion of lower division General Education, the United States History and Government requirements, and lower division core requirements for this major. See General Education Rules for more information. Lower division major requirements can be found by looking at the 4-Year Degree Road Map for this major. Refer to ASSIST for transfer information and articulation of courses taken at California Community Colleges. Verified Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) STAR Act students should use the ADT/STAR Act Degree Road Map for their major.

Once transfer coursework is evaluated, applicants and admitted students can use the Degree Progress Report/Planner to learn which requirements need to be completed.

To meet residency requirements, students must complete a minimum of 30 units at CSUN: 24 units must be upper division, 12 units in the major, and 9 units in General Education.

Transfer Year 1: 1st Semester

Course Units
CHEM 321/L (Fall only) 2/2
CHEM 333/L and CHEM 333D (meets GE B5 Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) 3/1/1
CHEM 351 and CHEM 351L (Fall Only) 4/1
Total 14

Transfer Year 1: 2nd Semester

Course Units
CHEM 334/L and CHEM 334R 3/1/1
CHEM 352 and CHEM 352L (Spring Only) 4/1
MATH 250 (if not taken prior to transfer) 3
GE Upper Division from Section C or Section F 3
Total 16

Transfer Year 2: 1st Semester

Course Units
CHEM 411 and CHEM 411L (Fall only) 1/2
CHEM 464 and CHEM 464L 3/1
CHEM 495A or CHEM 499A 1
MATH 280 (If not taken prior to transfer) 3
Electives 4
Total 15

Transfer Year 2: 2nd Semester

Course Units
CHEM 401 and CHEM 401L 3/1
CHEM 422/L 2/2
Chemistry Upper Division Elective (400 or 500 level)* 3
GE Upper Division from Section D or Section F 3
Elective 1
Total 15

One course for the degree must have an Ethnic Studies/ES designation.

*Chemistry electives selected with approval of the major advisor from 400- or 500-level courses in Chemistry other than CHEM 495 and CHEM 499.