This Transfer Degree Road Map applies to the following catalog year(s):

The Transfer Degree Road Map on this page presumes the completion of lower division General Education, Title 5 (United States History and Government), and lower division core requirements for this major. See General Education Rules for more information. Lower division major requirements can be found by looking at the 4-Year Degree Road Map for this major. Refer to ASSIST for transfer information and articulation of courses taken at California Community Colleges. Verified Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) STAR Act students should use the ADT/STAR Act Degree Road Map for their major.

Once transfer coursework is evaluated, applicants and admitted students can use the Degree Progress Report/Planner to learn which requirements need to be completed.

To meet residency requirements, students must complete a minimum of 30 units at CSUN: 24 units must be upper division, 12 units in the major and 9 units in General Education.

For this road map, this path is only possible if the transfer student has completed one semester each of calculus, calculus-based physics and lab, and general chemistry and lab (a total of 13 semester units).

Transfer Year 1: 1st Semester

Course Units
GEOL 306/L (Fall only) 3/1
GEOL 314/L (Fall only; meets GE B5 Scientific Inquiry and Quantitative Reasoning) 3/1
GE Upper Division from Section C or Section F 3
Elective 3
Total 14

Transfer Year 1: 2nd Semester

Course Units
GEOL 303 (Spring only) 2
GEOL 309/L (Spring only) 3/1
GEOL 313 (Spring only) 2
Upper Division Geology Electives* 3
GE Upper Division from Section D or Section F 3
Total 14

Transfer Year 2: 1st Semester

Course Units
GEOL 310/L 3/1
GEOL 341/L 3/1
GEOL 490 (Fall only) 3
Upper Division Geology Electives* 3
Total 14

Transfer Year 2: 2nd Semester

Course Units
GEOL 307/L (Spring only) 3/1
Upper Division Geology Electives* 6
Elective 3
Total 13

Transfer Year 2: Summer Semester

Course Units
GEOL 430A/B 2/2
Total 4

One course for the degree must have an Ethnic Studies/ES designation.

*Four additional upper division GEOL courses (exclusive of GEOL 300, GEOL 301, GEOL 324, GEOL 327 and GEOL 344) including required lab, if applicable. GEOG 365/GEOG 365L may be used as one of these four upper division elective courses.