Program: Minor in Business Analytics
The Business Analytics minor program allows students the opportunity to pursue an interest in business analytics. The minor is not available to Business Analytics option students.
1. Required Courses (9 units)
2. Elective Courses (9 units)**
At least 6 units must be selected from BANA courses.
BANA 310 Data Visualization for Business (3)
BANA 320 Predictive Analytics for Business (3)
BANA 420 Prescriptive Analytics for Business (3)
BANA 430 Text Mining and Analytics for Business (3)
FIN 459 Financial Modeling (3)
IS 312 Systems and Technologies for Managers (3)
MKT 356 Marketing Metrics and Insights (3)
**Some electives have additional prerequisites beyond the required courses shown above.
Total Units Required for the Minor: 18
Department of Systems and Operations Management
Chair: Seung-Kuk Paik
Bookstein Hall (BB) 3121
Student Learning Outcomes
- Communication: Students will write professional business reports, deliver strong oral presentations and create effective visual materials.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Students will identify and analyze problems and devise appropriate solutions using qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Ethics: Students will identify ethical dilemmas, analyze them from multiple perspectives, develop solutions and support their decisions.
- Global Context and Diversity: Students will recognize and evaluate the role of diversity, inclusion and multiculturalism in the global business environment.
- Cross-Disciplinary Knowledge: Students will demonstrate proficiency in the functional areas of business, as well as the ability to synthesize and apply this knowledge across disciplines.