The California State University International Programs
Developing intercultural communication skills and international understanding among its students is a vital mission of the California State University (CSU). Since its inception in 1963, the CSU International Programs (CSU IP) has contributed to this effort by providing qualified students an affordable opportunity to continue their studies abroad for a full academic year. More than 20,000 CSU students have taken advantage of this unique study option.
International Programs participants earn resident academic credit at their CSU campuses while they pursue full-time study at a host university or study center abroad. CSU IP serves the needs of students in more than 100 designated academic majors. Affiliated with more than 50 recognized universities and institutions of higher education in 18 countries, CSU IP also offers a wide selection of study abroad destinations and learning environments.
- Australia – Griffith University, Macquarie University, Queensland University of Technology, University of Queensland, Western Sydney University
- Canada – Concordia University
- Chile – Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- China – Peking University (Beijing)
- Denmark – Danish Institute for Study Abroad
- France – Institut Catholique de Paris, Institut Supérieur d’Electronique de Paris, Université d’Aix-Marseille (Aix-en-Provence), Université de Cergy-Pontoise, Universités de Paris I, III, IV, VI, VII, VIII, X, XI, XII, XIII, Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, Université d’Evry Val d’Essonne, and Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
- Germany – University of Tübingen and a number of institutions of higher education in the Federal state of Baden-Württemberg
- Ghana – University of Ghana
- Israel – University of Haifa
- Italy – CSU Florence Study Center, Accademia di Belle Arti Firenze
- Japan – Waseda University, University of Tsukuba
- Mexico – Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Campus Querétaro
- South Africa – Nelson Mandela University
- South Korea – Yonsei University
- Spain – Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Universidad de Granada, Universidad de Jaén
- Sweden – Uppsala University
- Taiwan – National Taiwan University
- United Kingdom – University of Bradford, University of Bristol, University of Hull, Kingston University, Swansea University
Students participating in CSU IP pay CSU tuition and program fees, and are responsible for airfare, accommodations, meals and other personal expenses. Financial aid, with the exception of Federal Work-Study, is available to qualified students and limited scholarship opportunities are also available. All programs require students to maintain good academic and disciplinary standing; many programs are open to sophomores or graduate students. California Community College transfer students are eligible to apply (to select programs) directly from their community colleges. Students must possess a current cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or 3.0, depending on the program, and must fulfill all coursework prerequisites. Additional program information and application instructions can be found at CSU International Programs.